Preventive dentistry helps you keep your teeth for life. The major causes of tooth loss are decay, gum disease and trauma. If preventative measures are taken early there is a higher chance of retaining teeth for life.
The first preventative step is a thorough an oral health examination. Other information such as x-rays, photographs and study models may be needed to best determine the type of treatment you may require.
Preventive treatment may include:
- A personalized home care program
- Regular periodontal maintenance to manage or prevent gum disease
- Regular dental check ups
- Dietary advice
- Topical fluoride treatment
- Custom made mouth guards for protection in sports
- Mouth trays for night wear with gels
To make an appointment:
Please contact the Champion Dental Centre on 04 237 9081 or the Kapiti Dental Centre on 04 298 6754.